- RSS Channel Showcase 5914439
- RSS Channel Showcase 3591734
- RSS Channel Showcase 1371820
- RSS Channel Showcase 6185107
Articles on this Page
- 08/23/18--10:19: _Can tech giants wor...
- 08/27/18--06:43: _Facebook bans Myanm...
- 08/29/18--21:03: _Rwanda is saving it...
- 08/31/18--06:21: _No substitute to fi...
- 09/03/18--09:11: _Bangabandhu Satelli...
- 09/06/18--07:02: _The world Is digita...
- 09/12/18--07:35: _Monitoring cell to ...
- 09/13/18--08:28: _Daily transactions ...
- 09/13/18--10:33: _BNP-Jamaat operates...
- 09/14/18--23:57: _Africa’s widening d...
- 09/17/18--13:04: _Russian ‘Facebook’ ...
- 09/19/18--10:44: _Digital Security Bi...
- 09/20/18--05:59: _Internet users in B...
- 09/22/18--06:46: _Annul some sections...
- 09/23/18--02:27: _Online skill develo...
- 09/23/18--12:27: _Symphony opens hand...
- 08/23/18--10:19: Can tech giants work together against their common enemies?
- 08/27/18--06:43: Facebook bans Myanmar army chief, military’s TV network
- 08/29/18--21:03: Rwanda is saving its important crop – the banana – with SMS
- 08/31/18--06:21: No substitute to filters to keep media free: Inu
- 09/03/18--09:11: Bangabandhu Satellite-1 starts transmission
- 09/06/18--07:02: The world Is digitalising – so too should regulators
- 09/12/18--07:35: Monitoring cell to identify rumours: Tarana
- 09/13/18--08:28: Daily transactions thru’ mobile banking now Tk 994 cr
- 09/13/18--10:33: BNP-Jamaat operates 300 Facebook pages from abroad: Tarana
- 09/14/18--23:57: Africa’s widening digital gender gap
- 09/17/18--13:04: Russian ‘Facebook’ bans Myanmar army chief, hardline monk
- 09/19/18--10:44: Digital Security Bill passed with stringent penal sections
- 09/20/18--05:59: Internet users in Bangladesh hit 90mn: BTRC
- 09/22/18--06:46: Annul some sections of Digital Security BillL Sujan
- 09/23/18--02:27: Online skill development portal launched
- 09/23/18--12:27: Symphony opens handset manufacturing unit in BD
Facebook, Twitter and Google routinely squabble for users, engineers and advertising money. Yet it makes sense for these tech giants to work together on security threats, elections meddling and other common ills. Such cooperation was evident Tuesday when Facebook announced that it had removed 652 suspicious pages, groups and accounts linked to Russia and Iran. [...]
Facebook on Monday banned Myanmar’s army chief and removed dozens of other pages, which, the social media platform said, have covertly pushed the messages of the Myanmar military. “Specifically, we are banning 20 individuals and organizations from Facebook in Myanmar — including Senior General Min Aung Hlaing, commander-in-chief of the armed forces, and the military’s [...]
By Aimable Twahirwa Kigali, Aug 29 2018 (IPS) – When Telesphore Ruzigamanzi, a smallholder banana farmer from a remote village in Eastern Rwanda, discovered a peculiar yellowish hue on his crop before it started to dry up, he did not give it the due consideration it deserved.“I was thinking that it was the unusually dry [...]
Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu, MP, said today “to keep the media free of trash of yellow journalism, lie, provocation, vulgarity, chitchat and truncated information there was no choice to having an efficient sift.” The minister was talking at a gathering at Press Institute of Bangladesh (PIB) where, among others, Muhammad Shafiqur Rahman, president of [...]
Bangabandhu Satellite-1, the first commercial satellite of the country, will begin its experimental operation by facilitating Bangladesh Television (BTV) air live the matches of the 12th South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Championship Cup beginning on Tuesday. Md Saiful Islam, Managing Director of Bangladesh Communication Satellite Company Limited (BCSCL) on Monday confirmed the matter. SAFF Suzuki [...]
Governments, including the Swedish government, are beginning to explore how legislating could be improved in light of digital technologies. This is welcome but something that businesses and business leaders have known for some time: the data being generated by our interactions in the digital world holds more potential than just the optimisation of what advertising [...]
State Minister for Information Tarana Halim on Wednesday said the government has taken an initiative to set up a monitoring cell ahead of the next general election aiming to identify rumours in social networking sites. The ‘Rumour Identification and Removal Centre’ will be in operation 24 hours round the clock at the PID section of [...]
Mobile-phone banking generates some Tk 994 crore transactions on average a day as such banking method is getting popular day by day in the country. Replying to a starred question from Awami League MP Shamsul Hoque Chowdhury (Chattogram-12), Finance Minister AMA Muhith came up with the statistic in Parliament on Thursday. He said the total [...]
Dhaka, Sept 13 – State Minister for Information Tarana Halim on Thursday told Parliament that the BNP-Jamaat clique is operating around 300 Facebook pages from abroad to spread rumours and false information to tarnish the image of the government, ministers and MPs ahead of the national election.“We know the BNP-Jamaat vested group has opened 300 [...]
By Mercedes Sayagues Maputo, Sep 14 2018 (IPS) – ‘Think Bigger’, urge the colourful posters on the walls of Ideario, an innovation hub in Chamanculo, a modest neighbourhood in Maputo, Mozambique’s capital. The message is right on target for the new female trainees, eager eyes glued to laptop screens as they learn internet and computer [...]
Russian social media site VKontakte (VK) has followed Facebook by banning Myanmar’s army chief and a nationalist monk known for stirring up Islamophobia in a country condemned globally for the treatment of its Rohingya Muslims. Facebook blacklisted Senior General Min Aung Hlaing and other top military brass three weeks ago after a damning report by [...]
Dhaka, Sept 19 – Bangladesh Parliament on Wednesday passed the much-talked-about Digital Security Bill 2018 amid concerns of journalists, human rights activists and organizations over freedom of press and freedom of expression. The bill aiming at dealing with cybercrimes, including hurting the religious sentiment, negative propaganda against the Liberation War and Bangabandhu, and illegal activities [...]
The number of the country’s total internet users is now 9.05 crore, according to statistics published on Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC)’s website on Thursday. The BTRC released its statistics updated till the end of August.Among them, 8.47 crore are mobile phone internet users, 57.33 lakh are broadband internet (ISP + PSTN) users and the [...]
Civil rights body Shushashoner Jonno Nagorik (Shujan) on Saturday demanded revision of the newly passed Digital Security Act through scraping its ‘repressive’ sections. In a written statement, the rights body said several sections of the act (8,28,29,31) are regressive which could widely be misused, especially for harassing citizens, squeezing the freedom of expression and obstructing [...]
Access to information (a2i) programme with the support of ICT Division, UNDP and USAID launched yesterday ‘Skills Portal’ (skills.gov.bd) in the first session of the National Apprenticeship Conference 2018 organized at the White Orchid Hotel in Cox’s Bazar.Posts, Telecommunication and Information Technology Minister Mustafa Jabbar inaugurated the portal at the function, an a2i press release [...]
Dhaka, Sep 23 – Symphony on Sunday inaugurated its newly-established manufacturing plant, ‘Edison Industries Limited’ at Zirabo, Ashulia in suburban Dhaka. The ceremony was commenced by Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Minister Mustafa Jabbar, said a press release. The top officials of Symphony, including the Chairman of Edison Group, Aminur Rashid, Managing Director, Jakaria Shahid [...]